This week at Ritual, we were fortunate enough to be able to be a part of a Quinceanera celebration! Look at this beautiful hair!
Here are the top 10 things to consider:
1. Schedule a haircut for 2-4 weeks before your wedding. You don’t want split ends making their debut on your big day!
2. Schedule a haircolor 1-2 weeks in advance of your wedding. Bad roots will ruin your photos, and they WILL show up! Don’t wait to get your hair colored until the day before. You want enough time that your color settles in, but not enough that it has started growing out.
3. Consider a deep conditioning treatment and glossing treatment. You want your hair looking it’s best, and there is nothing that helps that happen like a shine-inducing deep conditioning and glossing treatment.
4. Practice makes perfect. If you are a laid back, easy going girl, you may be able to skip this one, but most brides (and stylists) prefer a practice run. This will ensure that your hair will be able to do what you want it to and help to cover all of the bases for the actual event.
5. Bring pics. Really. We like pictures. What do you like? What do you hate? Pictures help us talk the same language as you! But, with that being said,
6. Be flexible. Although you may love the photo of amazing curls that you show us, if your hair has never held a curl in it’s life, it’s unlikely to start now, on the biggest day of your life. The pictures and trial run will help us to know what is possible, but we do need to work within your hair’s capabilities. Working WITH your hair and not fighting your hair will create the best possible end result!
7. Be prepared. Make sure that you have all of your items in one place that need to make it to the salon (or to your venue if we are coming to you) with you. You don’t want to realize that you’ve forgotten your veil or hair flowers or sparkly bobby pins and have to either send someone running or come up with a backup plan. Better yet, make a list of what you need to bring and put someone else in charge of making sure it happens! Also make sure that you are wearing a button front or zip front top so it doesn’t have to be cut off or squeezed over your freshly done ‘do!
8. Show up on time, or early. So much better for you to have a moment to sit on the sofa and enjoy some tea or champagne, then to have you come in stressed and already running behind schedule. We want to spend every minute that we have scheduled with you, actually dressing your hair. If you are running behind before you get to us, then it’s likely you’ll be running behind when you leave the salon. You’ve got an audience waiting. We don’t want to make them think you’ve suddenly gotten cold feet!
9. Please, please, please. Do not show up on an empty stomach. You NEED to eat something on this day, of all days. We understand nerves can make a stomach wacky, but we have literally had to pick brides up off of the floor because they passed out. Grab a light snack or bring one with to the salon. You want to actually make it down the isle!
10. This is the most important one. This is your wedding day. It is what you have been dreaming about and planning for since you were five (or at least since you became engaged). It is going to fly by so quickly that it will seem like a blur. The best way to spend your day is enjoying it. Laugh. Enjoy the anticipation. Let the little things blow by you. Relax. Let us pamper you and celebrate you. Take a deep breathe and just enjoy this moment!
A lovely example of what can happen when your inspiration photo aligns with what your hair will do! The results can be even better than expected! For more inspiration, please visit our special occasion image gallery.